- To develop a scalable mobile augmented reality app that maps out social enterprises, heritage sites, and local tourism experiences in cities and towns in Asean.
- To promote responsible travel practices while recommending heritage trails and social enterprise businesses
- Develop a gamified travel app to promote placemaking and reward users for traveling responsibly
The over-marketed tourist attractions often eclipse many cultural and historical landmarks in cities across Asean, resulting in some very damageable impact on natural resources, consumption patterns, pollution, and gentrification. The lack of awareness of sustainable travel location and activities may have been caused by the lack of active promotion and a centralised platform for tourists to discover these avenues.
Opendream developed The Small World, a mobile gaming app that maps out social enterprises, heritage sites and local tourism experiences in cities and towns in Asean. Using augmented reality technology, Small World aims to promote responsible travel practices while recommending heritage trails and social enterprise businesses in a fun and interactive manner. Gamers can support the development of the game through the purchase of boosts and accessories with the proceeds going towards environmental programmes.
With that, The Small World not only raises awareness on sustainable travel avenue, it also educates users on wildlife conservation and ecological sustainability through interesting game story and design principles
Opendream is a social enterprise that utilises its expertise in digital technology to innovate and develop tools targeted at areas of health, education and livelihood. Their work focuses on issues that aimed to set the foundation and example for sustainable changes. For example, they developed the following apps to promote social causes:
– An investigation game to promote awareness on corruption among teenagers
– A fundraising platform for investors to invest in social causes of interests
– A digital tool for self-care, disease surveillance system for remote areas
– A game to educate teenagers on safe sex practices
Patipat Susumpow (Keng)
As a social entrepreneur, gamer and public health hacker, Keng focus on solving social problems on health and education through digital technology. With his expertise in software development and digital gaming, he created The Small World with the intent to promote responsible travel practices while recommending heritage trails and social enterprise businesses.